Mission and vision
The Poreč City Library is the cultural and informational center of Poreč, the most recognizable place of lifelong learning and the meeting place of local community members, enabling all citizens to access relevant information regardless of their age, gender, social status, nation, faith and race. According to the needs of the citizen, new services are developed, enriching the cultural life of every individual and the community as a whole.
The Poreč City Library, as the leading cultural and informational center of the city, should be:
- an institution that systematically promotes written word and lifelong learning;
- an institution that focuses on the user and their cultural needs;
- an institution open for cooperation with other institutions and for citizens of all ages;
- an innovative institution that operates in accordance with national standards for public libraries;
- an institution where basic services are free for all citizens.